Science Test Outline
The Earth’s Crust
- Layers of the Earth – label diagram, thickest? Thinnest?
- Continental Drift / Alfred Wegener – 3 types of evidence
- The Theory of Plate Tectonics
- Role of technology in development of plate tectonics
- Vocabulary – ring of fire, magnitude, fault line, Richter scale, epicenter, pyroclastic flow
- Mountain formation – fold, dome and fault block
- Types of volcanoes – cinder cone, shield, composite
- Mid-ocean ridge – be able to explain the diagram
- What causes an earthquake?